Tourism drives Skagway’s economy. Every business in the Municipality benefits from the economic impact of our visitor industry. The Skagway Visitor Department values the partnerships with Skagway businesses & organizations that work to promote Skagway as a primer visitor destination and works to promote them through a wide variety of channels.
As a department of the Municipality of Skagway, the Skagway Visitor Department is not a member‐based organization and represents all visitor services equally. This includes all accommodations, restaurants, shops, parks and non-profit organizations holding current business licenses with the Municipality of Skagway.
As Skagway’s destination marketing organization (DMO) we offer a variety of promotional opportunities for individual businesses or organizations. Opportunities include:
• Free business listing on Skagway.com. with a current Skagway Business License.
• Business Rack Card display space. (9" l x 4 "w)
• Visitor Information Referrals
• Discounted price for joining Alaska Travel Industry Association (ATIA)
• Advertising opportunity information
• Events Calendar listings for special events
• Educational events & publications
Contact us for more information on partnering with the Skagway Visitor Department!