The Municipality of Skagway Visitor Department works continuously to promote our area as a premier visitor destination. Founded in 1981, the Skagway Visitor Department is a department of the Municipality of Skagway, not a member‐based organization and represents all visitor services equally. This includes all accommodations, restaurants, shops, parks and non-profit organizations holding current business licenses with the Municipality of Skagway. We serve as Skagway’s official contact for travel media, meeting planners, tour operators and individual visitors.
As Skagway’s destination marketing organization (DMO) we offer a variety of promotional opportunities for individual businesses. Opportunities include:
- Free business listing on Skagway.com. with a current Skagway Business License.
- Business Rack Card display space. (9" l x 4 "w)
- Visitor Information Referrals
- Discounted price for joining Alaska Travel Industry Association (ATIA)
- Advertising opportunity information
- Events Calendar listings for special events
- Educational events & publications
Contact us for more information on promoting your business with the Skagway Visitor Department!