For the Rainy Day
- Start your day with a lovely homemade treat and coffee from Bites on Broadway.
- Stop in at the National Park Service on 2nd Avenue to get some information about the historic area, walk around the museum and watch the free park film.
- Visit the infamous Red Onion Saloon for a drink, pizza and a “quickie” tour of the brothel museum upstairs. Only $10 for 20 minutes!
- Next, step into the past with the cast of The Days of ’98 Show. A fun reenactment of Soapy Smith’s Life in 1898.
- Take a stroll through the Skagway Museum located in the historic McCabe Building.
- End your day by warming up with some delicious Thai Food at Starfire. The best Thai food in all of Skagway!
For the Bucket List
- The early bird gets the worm…. Or hopefully the fish! Join one of our many great fishing charter companies for a morning on the water in search of a big, fat salmon.
- Grab some delicious Halibut or Salmon Fish And Chips at Woadies Southeast Seafood on 4th Avenue.
- Take a Flight with TEMSCO Helicopters to go Dog Sledding on a snow-covered glacier, in the summer! Or if you would rather you can take a helicopter to the glacier for a fun filled glacier trek filled with crevasses and moulins! Even sip some Glacier Water!
- Finish your exciting day with a King Crab Feast at The Skagway Fish Company! Try a delicious pint from the Alaskan Brewery as well.
For the Adventurous Type
- Get that adrenaline pumping early in the morning with a thrilling high-speed ride with Ocean Raft Alaska down the Lynn Canal! Not only will you hit top speeds and do donuts in the inlet, you will have the chance to spot eagles, harbor seals and learn about our little piece of paradise.
- Walk or take a shuttle out to the Gold Rush Cemetery and the gorgeous Lower Reid Falls.
- Time to take flight, literally! Alaska Excursion’s Grizzly Falls Zipline is not for the weak of heart. Their 11 zips (one measuring longer than 2 football fields) will take you soaring above glacially fed waterfalls at up to 45 mph!
- Are your taste buds equally up for some authentic barbecue? The Smokehouse located on the water by the Small Boat Harbor is for you! Enjoy mouth-watering slow-smoked barbecue & wash it all down with a handcrafted microbrewed beer from their brewery!
For the Leisure Lover
- Start your morning by riding the Iconic White Pass and Yukon Route Railway. The Railway is an International Historic Civil Engineering Landmark, a title shared with the Panama Canal, the Eiffel Tower and the Statue of Liberty! If you are able, book a seat in their limited Luxury Cars.
- Board a bus to make your way back into Skagway in hopes of seeing some wildlife, in addition to beautiful views of the White Pass Valley!
- Stop in at Poppies Restaurant for a delightful homemade lunch from the garden. Make sure to take a stroll!
- While at Jewell Gardens partake in a Glass Blowing Demonstration in which you will make your own glass ball for the perfect souvenir!
- Time for a cocktail? Enjoy a garden fresh mojito or margarita at Olivia’s Bistro before dinner.
For the Family Friendly
- Start your morning with a delicious breakfast from the Sweet Tooth Café.
- Let the kids earn their badge and become a Junior Ranger by stopping by the Klondike Gold Rush National Park Activity Center on 4th Avenue. While there, pick up a Family Adventure Pack for a self-guided tour of Skagway’s Historic District.
- While out walking around stop at Molly Walsh Park on 6th Avenue. Make sure to look for minnows swimming in the creek!
- Alaska 360 is the only stop you will need for a fun, family friendly afternoon! Everyone will enjoy getting their chance to pan for gold, experience life at 40 below, learn about the Iditarod and have the chance to hold a husky puppy. The Alaskan BBQ is located on site for everyone to drink and dine.
- No kids day is complete without a sweet treat. Stop in to the Kone Kompany for an ice-cream kone, milkshake, homemade fudge and assorted candy.
For The Active Lifestyle
- Start your day off right with a hike to the spectacular Lower Dewey Lake. If you feel like doing a little extra head to Icy Lake or Sturgills Landing from Lower Dewey. Make sure to download a trail map from Skagway.com or pick-one up at the Skagway Visitor Center on 2nd Avenue.
- Next up, a Bicycle Ride with Sockeye Cycle down the White Pass Trail. Retrace the historic gold rush route!
- After your trip grab a sandwich, bagel or wrap from Glacial Coffeehouse for some fuel for the rest of your day.
- The Chilkoot Trail Hike and Float with Skagway Float Tours is another great way to get your daily dose of history and exercise at the same time.
- What better way to finish your day than to treat yourself to a flight of local beers from the Skagway Brewing Company. It is said their Spruce Tip Ale has more Vitamin C than a glass of orange juice… so it is pretty much good for you!